Thursday, September 26, 2013

Famous Blue-Skinned Man Nicknamed 'Papa Smurf' Dies at 62

Famous Blue-Skinned Man Nicknamed 'Papa Smurf' Dies at 62

Paul Karason, nicknamed "Papa Smurf" for obvious reasons, has died.
Karason was born fair-skinned, but later in life developed skin with a bluish tinge as the result of a medical syndrome known as argyria, caused by prolonged ingestion of silver.
Karason died at 62 after being treated for pneumonia at a Washington hospital after having suffered a heart attack.
He said the blue tinge started after he began drinking a homemade brew known as colloidal silver to treat a skin condition. Karason claimed the potion had other positive benefits as well.
“The acid reflux problem I’d been having just went away completely,” he said. “I had arthritis in my shoulders so bad I couldn’t pull a T-shirt off. And the next thing I knew, it was just gone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment